Monday, August 5, 2013

first week in the pitt

Hey guys and gals!!! WOW! Pittsburgh is GREAT. Everything is so lush and alive! You could plant a shoe in the ground and it'd turn into a tree! It's so green here, and full of life. The air is clean and healthy, and fireflies come out every night! Everyone here is suuuuper friendly, it's really different from Utah. If I were proselyting anywhere else they'd freak out and get mad, but everyone here is respectful and declines very politely. So. I guess there's a bright side. They all suck at driving too, I guess it's a requirement haha. They'll tailgate your car suuuuper bad, but they'd stop miles and miles of traffic for a duck in the road. It doesn't matter HOW FAST a car is going, they will stop in their tracks and let you turn in. Kinda funny. Anyways, my companion is great, His name is Ashton Sparrow from Ogden. We're both goofballs so you can probably imagine the fun we have. But for some reason he still thinks it's weird when I burst into the room belting songs from Tangled....

Yesterday we taught those golden investigators that everyone talks about. He was super receptive to everything we said. It was amazing!! A few days before that, we flagged us down as we were tracting our neighborhood, and we scheduled a meeting. Jason (the guy) sure has been through a lot, and God has blessed him all his life. Jason has a  very strong relationship with God, and he wants to do all that he can to serve Him. Jason soaked up everything we said. It was amazing, I love him so much, and I'm so excited for him as well. 

Our area was split when I came, so the Sisters got allllllllllllllllllllll the investigators, and we got AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL of the less actives. Jason was the only lesson we taught who wasn't already baptized... Anyways, we taught a less active named Levi. He returned from his mission and everything, but he hasn't been to church in forever. I bore my testimony about faith, and trusting in the Lord. Being further guided by the spirit, I ended up telling him that he had the gift of Faith, and that I KNEW him, even though I had just met him. I said I knew that he had a testimony, and had one of his gift of Faith. Wow. The Holy Ghost IS the true teacher. That lesson truly proved it. The spirit did all the work, I just sat there and listened. :)

Anyways, I love you all. And I want to leave you my testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the restored church of our loving Heavenly Father. Joseph Smith is his revelator, and through that love and spirit, translated the Book of Mormon and is the most correct book, of any kind on this earth. I have felt its indescribable power and truth, and I know that it can bless everyone, in every circumstance. I also know that I was called by God, to help the people of Pittsburgh understand this message, and that I am here to REMIND, my brothers and sisters of our Heavenly Father's divine plan. I love this church. I love you. And thank you for your prayers and letters of support.

 with love. Elduh JOHNSON! YAY YUH!



Andrew and his first comp, Ashton Sparrow!

There used to be a dog living in their house and it was full of dog hair!

Mission family tree. When someone trains you, they're your "dad," so here's a pic of my generations/grandparents.



Record breaking group of new missionaries

The city of Pittsburgh


No comments:

Post a Comment