Tuesday, May 19, 2015

"Can you tell me something that will heal me?” We said "Absolutely!"

ahhhh!!!! OKay CRAZY MIRACLE TIME!!! here's 2!
So remember R? He was the one that I met in at Sis S’s home and asked him to be baptized after 10 minutes of knowing him? Story time! 
So every tues and thurs we do splits with 2 people from the elders quorum. And on tues Bro F and Mc were supposed to come. The night before when we were planning for the day to come, I thought "hmmm, what if Bro F cancels?" But he never cancels....like EVER. He always takes one of us to do some home teaching. But I kept having that thought. Sis S came to my mind, so I scribbled her down thinking "okay this could be inspired?" 

Then I TOTALLY and COMPLETELY forgot about it. 
So tues comes around and we're heading to the church to do splits, when Bro F calls and cancels!!!!!!!!! So we called Bro McBride to see if he was still coming. And he said yes, and also said he had his 16 yr old son with him! Bingo! Splits are still on! So we get to the church and Bro M and his son are there. We told him Bro F cancelled and he said oh! okay, one of you can go with my son! And we're like "mwaahahah that's what we wanted" But we just said yes instead haha.

So I'm with Bro Mc and he says "So where are we headed!" Then I was like....shoot, I thought you had people.... SO we try to figure out something as we're driving. Then I thought of Sis S, still forgetting that I planned her name the night before. We start heading over there. On the way I asked "Do you know where she lives?"   "Nope.......do you?" 

"Nope." hahaha. So he decided we'd try someone else, but on the way we passed the street that sis s lives on! And I quickly told him to turn around so we could go see her. So we get there and there's a ford focus in the drive way. And Sis s can't drive.....
I said "If that's Rick I'm going to cry!"
AND LO AND BEHOLD! It was him! That morning I also asked that we'd be sent to where He needed us to be!
It was a great lesson! Then Sis S gave us a referral for her neighbor who lost her husband last sunday.

miracle two, L

So the next day we were out and about and Elder Watkins asked "Where to?" I said, let's go contact that referral! Immediately after this decision I felt MILLIONS of doubts and fears dump into my brain. I firmly declared "WE ARE GOING AND THAT'S THAT!" 
During the car ride we role played our approach to this woman who lost her husband, trying to be as loving and caring as we could. I was the missionary, and Elder Watkins pretended to be her. it went well! But I was SO nervous! I PLEADED AND BEGGED Heavenly Father that it would all work out. I said "Throw a shoe at me! or shoot me with lightning if I'm going to say the wrong thing!! Just please don't let us mess this up!!!!!"

When we parked she already spotted us and was walking towards us. We came out and introduced ourselves. She said EXACTLY WHAT ELDER WATKINS SAID IN THE ROLE PLAY. WORD. FOR. WORD. She then quickly declined and said she was going through a hard time. Elder Watkins testified that the Gospel has brought him answers and peace. L looked up and asked.
"Can you tell me something that will heal me?”  We said "Absolutely!"

She invited us over to her porch and we began answering her questions about life after death. She told us she felt so much peace and love from what we were saying. We told her it's not from us, but it is the Spirit of God giving her that peace. She smiled from ear to ear. 
I would give anything for you to see her countenance change as we spoke with her. Her hard look and broken smile melted away as we taught. And she indeed was "healed"
Please pray for L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We want to meet with her again!!!!!!!!!
I know this Church is truer than true. I know that God is real, more importantly He Loves us perfectly. I know Christ is truly the Son of God and through Him we can be cleansed from sin through repentance. I know it. I know the Plan of Salvation is REAL. And DOES heal the broken. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 
Elder Johnson

Pic! The Lord works by "small & simple things" He chooses to work through US!

 Make a wish! 
Have hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment