Tuesday, August 13, 2013

mountain dew and pizza rolls

How all yins doing!! (That's Pittsburgh slang for "all of you")
The mission is grand! I'm learning a lot, and I can feel myself growing. It's weird to think I even had a life before this! Out of Elder Sparrow and I our motherhooding skills sum up to be a few pancakes and eggs. Other than that we suck at cooking. We tried heating up some meatballs someone gave us. And not knowing how to cook it. It managed to get heated in the microwave, frying pan, aand the oven. But hey, we're learning. We've enjoyed a lovely diet of mountain dews and pizza rolls. Luckily members feed us! Without em we'd die! You'll be happy to know my awkward clumsiness hasn't gone away. I was leaving a message over the phone, and while trying to push the hang up button, I missed and dropped it. So the message probably sounds a little something like this
"Yeah so call us back when you get the chance, see ya! HJJAOIFOHKKKKKSHHHHHH and then me yelling "Crap I dropped it!"
Oh well.

We found a lovely lady in her 60's named Diane. She's missing her front teeth so it's kind of hard to understand her. But she's so sweet and nice. We scheduled an appointment, and taught her last friday. The spirit was so strong, and Diane could understand everything. We bore our testimonies after the lesson and gave her a Book of Mormon. She held it so delicately, like it was the most  valuable thing she's ever touched. And the biggest smile was stretched over her face. We invited her to be baptized. And silence followed, but I knew the spirit would bear witness to her. And in the smallest whisper, she said yes. Emotion welled in our hearts and eyes, and she could see how much we loved her. It was truly an amazing experience. She came to church that sunday and she loved it. She said all churches should be like that.

Anyways, I love you all, thank you for your prayers and for your letters of encouragement. The Lord loves you, and He lives, I know it.

The Lord has held you in reserve for these last days. Look for opportunities to share the gospel, I promise that as you do, you'll come to understand WHY
-Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment