Wednesday, December 18, 2013

weekly update in depth

Here's my weekly update! This time it's in depth.

Mon:
we had Pday, then we had dinner at the Cooks. Their house is INSANE. they had 5 kids that were madly obsessed with Harry Potter, and every time we tried to teach they blurted out something about Harry Potter. It was a pretty interesting lesson.
Tues:
We were low on miles the mileage limitation, so we walked to the service project we had. It was suuper cold, but we bundled up like walking sleeping bags. Then we met this old man named Ed. We shoveled his walk and spoke to him. We introduced ourselves as missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And Elder Birrell said he was from Utah. Then Ed yelled "Well at least you're not a mormon!" ......It was an interesting moment haha
Wed:
We had zone conference, and it was SO inspiring! It was like a spiritual punch in the face. We were about a half hour late to it...luckily no one noticed...except for the president's wife. But all is well! I played angels we have heard on high on the violin! That was pretty cool. 
Thurs:
THE BEST DAY EVER.
We were teaching a less active sister, and her daughter kaylee was there. Kaylee had investigated before, but she ran up to the elders one day and said she didn't want to be baptized until she was 14. And I haven't ever taught her since i've been here. But she just HAPPENED to be sick that day and stayed home from school, so we were able to see her. Coincidence? I think not. We taught her and the spirit was SO strong. We asked her how to get to heaven, and she said "Going to church, reading your scriptures, and being baptized!" Then her mom leaned over and said, do you want to be baptized? And Kaylee said YES! It was such a powerful moment!
Fri:
We taught Holly about obedience. We started by watching Mountains to climb, one of the mormon messages. The spirit was super strong. Holly knew the spirit was there, and she said "The spirit is telling me I need to go to church and be baptized" It was such a powerful experience. The spirit was so strong.
Sat:
The sisters in the ward had a baptism!
Then we taught a less active named Sis Stock. We planned on teaching the plan of salvation, but the spirit kept drawing my mind to the scriptures in Moroni 10:3-5. So I followed the prompting and read them to her. And immediately her spirit perked up, and her heart was softened. We commited her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and she whole heartedly agreed. After the lesson, she asked if we plan what to say before we teach, or if we just make it up. I told her to have faith that what we said was inspired of God. And it was. A few days later I looked in my study journal of saturday, and I had studied those exact verses right after studying for her, and I was completely oblivious to this until then. I don't know why she needed to hear those words, but I know it was an answer to her prayers, and it was exactly what she needed. 
Sun:
HOLLY CAME TO CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!
It was so exciting! She fell asleep a few times because the spirit was too strong for her to handle.. But she came!
And that's the week! It was an amazing week and I learned so much! Anyways, thanks for everything you do for me. Thank you for your prayers, and thank you for your love and support. With Love,
-Elder Johnson





No comments:

Post a Comment