Tuesday, July 14, 2015

We are SO spoiled out in Utah.. We could probably travel to a dozen temples in 3 hours!

Hello friends and family!

Well. take all the emotions known to the human mind and shake them up in a liter bottle......
that's how I feel! haha. So many mixed emotions!

Sorry, but not sorry, I'll be sending a few emails this time! I've got loads to say!

Going to the temple was WONDERFUL. Oh goodness.... I was FLOATING that day! I received so many answers to prayers! Even things that I asked at the beginning of my mission! It was so wonderful! Here's some pics!

The drive to the temple took THREE HOURSSSS!!!!!!!!!
That's a whole session of CHURCH! But with DRIVING!

We are SO spoiled out in Utah.. We could probably travel to a dozen temples in 3 hours! We are so spoiled! I sure hope we all take advantage of having temples so near. I know I surely will never take for granted the unique pure beauty and peace that can only be found in the House of the Lord. I plan on going at least once a week until I die! 

Anywho. I felt so many answers to prayers while at the temple. As I was praying in the temple I realized SO many things. But i think this one is okay to share.

I realized the IMPORTANCE of the family! I always knew deep down that family was important, but in the temple I realized it is the core of all we do. The family is the PINNACLE, OF THE PLAN of salvation!
It is all possible through Jesus Christ, but the point, is the Divine Nature of the FAMILY. 

It's so much more important than I realized.. Seriously! Please ponder the importance of your family! 

"Only the Home can compare with the Temple in holiness"
From the bible dictionary under "temple"

I have a ROCK solid testimony that this Church really is true. God is not a nice thought, He is a tangible being and "has a body of flesh and bone that is glorified and perfected." More importantly though, He LOVES us with the Love that a Father does for His Child. We are God's most important Creations. We are not little monkeys running around to see if we're pleasing to God. We are God's entire Life and Purpose. He loves us. He didn't make the universe and then suddenly decide to put people on it. We ARE God's universe. We are His EVERYTHING. He loves us so perfectly that we can't even comprehend His perfect and overwhelming Love for each individual child. He is perfectly patient and forgiving, He loves us, and desires our happiness. All He cares about is our Happiness.

I truly know that Jesus is the Christ. And I testify from my soul, and unflinchingly declare that Jesus Christ LIVES. He is not a nice figure in literature. He is an actual being that truly walks this earth, and He, in reality did die and suffer for our every pain, sorrow, and sin. He truly paid the price for our sins with His life, and has the scars in His palms to prove it. 
The Atonement is indeed REAL. I've felt it's power each and every day of my entire Life. It and He, are real. 

I know that this church is true. I know it is the ONLY true church in the entire universe. I know that there is no other church that holds the priesthood keys, or has the fulness of the Gospel. This Church truly is led by God and Jesus Christ, and not of man. It is God's Kingdom that we are a part of. And He will help us reach our Divine Potential as Heirs of God.

The Book of Mormon is indeed the word of God. I did not sail with Nephi, I did not proselyte with Alma and Amulek, I did not witness the Savior Himself personally minister to the Nephites, But without restraint I bear my witness that the Book of Mormon is the very word of God and comes from Him and not of man. I truly know it. I have prayed and asked God, and He told me so. And My life has been CHANGED! I am infinitely more happy knowing these simple truths.

I love my mission. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I know that God is real, and so testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

See you at the AIRPORT!

No comments:

Post a Comment