Monday, February 17, 2014

7 months

Helllo my family and friends!
Wow, pitt 3rd ward sure is the best place I could ever be. I really do love serving here. It's the best! And as of today (mon) i've been out for 7 months!!!!! Can you believe it?!?!?!?! It feels like I went to the MTC yesterday. Crazy how fast time flies in the work of the Lord. Anywho, the Lord has been teaching me so much, I've found so many answers to prayers, in the Book of Mormon, in church. and In my own personal prayers to our Heavenly Father. The words of Christ truly do guide us straight to the Father. I compare this to what it would feel like to be driving a car in the middle of a desert, not knowing which way is which. The Bible, is like a thick line drawn across the desert, guiding us to eternal life. A sense of direction comes from it's route. And the Book of Mormon, is like another line drawn parallel to the first. Both constituting the straight and narrow path by which we find eternal life. Abiding by the word of God, will always guide us to the Father :) Simple as that! I've learned reading the scriptures will not only open the window to Revelation, it will not only answer our questions, but it will keep us safe, and protected. Christ's invitation is to "Feast, upon the words of Christ". As found in 2 Nephi 31:20, if we press forward with a "Perfect Brightness of Hope" and "Endure to the end" We may once more dwell in the presence of our Loving Heavenly Father. Thanks be to God! I love this Gospel, I know it is true. I know Jesus is the Christ. He lives.
Thank you for being a part of my life. :) with much love,
ELder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment