Tuesday, April 21, 2015

we just need to understand WHO WE ARE, AS GOD SEES US. We must discover "WHO WE ARE, IN GOD'S EYES. NOT MAN'S"

Hey there Friends and family!!!
So you may have had a heart attack about my last email...so here's an update on my face!
The jaw problems and paralysis are unrelated. I've got something called Bell's Palsy. Basically inflammation on the facial nerve. So I can't move the right side of my face. I can feel it, everything's normal except I can't move it at all. I can blink but it's delayed so I have to use eye drops frequently and sleep with my eye taped up and use an eye patch!!! Arghh! I'm a pirate! Anywho. Bell's Palsy isn't very serious and actually just goes away after a month or two. It has an 86% chance of not being permanent, but I'm taking prodnisone which gives me a 93% chance of it not being permanent. Thank you so much for your prayers and love. I've felt so much help through this trial and the Lord's helped me have a bright and positive attitude! I actually love this trial and it's taught me a lot.
Anywho! now my next topic. Sorry it's long but worth it!!!!!!!!!!!

You're amazing:
This week I've really come to a knowledge of the importance of knowing who we are. Not just knowing who we are.....But understanding who we can become with God's help! When we can begin to see potential in something, our efforts DRASTICALLY change and are focused into that thing. When we BELIEVE in ourselves, we are literally UNSTOPPABLE. Many of you may remember the story about the man in Utah many years ago who was climbing rocks and then got his arm stuck in a rock. He even resorted to cutting off his arm to escape. Do any of you know WHY he did that? Or at least what gave him that motivation?

well. Elder Oaks actually speaks of this story in a talk about "Desire" Elder Oaks talks about how this man was on the point of giving up after hours and hours of hanging there helpless. He was losing the will to live. He was going to give up. Then this man had a vision from God. In it, he saw himself a few years older. He saw himself with a 3 year old boy that he'd never seen before. He saw himself scoop up this boy with one arm and hug him. That boy was his future son. In essence God was saying "YOU CAN GET OUT OF HERE. YOU CAN LIVE.  not only can you LIVE and survive, but you've got a HAPPY wonderful life ahead of you! I've got so much in store for you!"
When this man understood his potential in God's great plan, he had the drive to do amazing things. His life CHANGED dramatically. And he is now a hero whose story of endurance blesses many.

The same can happen to us! Sometimes we're stuck! Sometimes we are trapped by a rock. Perhaps the rock of sin? Or perhaps the rock of fear? There's something pinning us down. And we might lose sight of God's eternal design. We may lose the will to live (spiritually). BUT! we cannot afford to believe in satan's lie that we are trapped! We can ALWAYS be freed by the atonement of Christ! we just need to understand WHO WE ARE, AS GOD SEES US. We must discover "WHO WE ARE, IN GOD'S EYES. NOT MAN'S"

In us men see weird, perhaps even dorky mormons....But to God. He sees princes and princesses. HE sees GODS! He knows our potential! I STROONGLY encourage and challenge you to approach God in prayer and ask Him who you are! It may take a few tries and may take a while for you to see what He does. But I TESTIFY from my soul that the revelation WILL come! God DOES NOT SET US UP TO FAIL. You are designed for greatness! You are DESIGNED TO BE AMAZING! :)
If only we could stop being so afraid...of OURSELVES!
fear: I saw this quote and I want to share it with you.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are POWERFUL beyond measure. It is our LIGHT, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?" Actually, who are you NOT to be??
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. Your "playing small" does not serve the world! There is nothing enlightened [or edifying] about shrinking so other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to SHINE, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
I testify God does not call failures. I testify God does not call us to FAIL. He calls us to CONQUER and to SHINE. He wants us to shine brightly!!!!!!!! When We shine brightly we are actually glorifying God MORE, not less.


 I testify that Christ's grace and Atonement is REAL. I testify this is the only true church on the face of the earth. 
I testify that the Book of Mormon is TRUE. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment