Tuesday, October 29, 2013

keeping the word of wisdom

Hello friends and family!!!! 
Pittsburgh is getting FREEEZZZZING nowadays. Okay not that bad, but pretty darn cold. I started training Elder Birrell last week. He's such an awesome missionary. He has a strong testimony and such a strong desire to serve the Lord! We're not quite used to each other's personalities but hey! It's a fun learning process! He's a goon, and he's awesome.
Today's I wanted to share a little miracle that the Lord blessed us with last week. Lately we've been teaching H, she is so prepared!! She's so hungry for knowledge of the gospel! We originally planned for a member to come and help us teach, but he got sick and couldn't come. For some reason J came to my mind, so we texted him and he said he could give us a ride and help us out. That morning we prepared to teach her the Restoration again. We saw her sitting on the porch as we drove by, and she had pulled out a cigarette and sat there puffing away waiting for us to arrive. She saw us and recognized it was us in the car and jumped out of surprise! She scrambled to throw it away. We walked inside and she was sitting at the table trying to look innocent. I pointed my two fingers to my eyes then glared and pointed back to hers. It was funny. We ended up teaching the Word of Wisdom, even though we had already made a lesson plan, the spirit told us to teach something else. It was one of the most powerful lessons I've ever seen or been a part of. The spirit was so incredibly strong. We all cried, including me ;) I told her "You've tried to quit smoking by yourself, and it hasn't worked, but now you can quit with God on your side" The spirit was so powerful.
The member we brought bore a powerful testimony of how he learned to live the Word of Wisdom. It brought the spirit so strongly. After the lesson ended we gave her a blessing and left. On the drive home, J turned and asked "How'd you know I was on vacation?"
It was a miracle. I'm so blessed to have been there to witness the power that God has to change hearts. I invite all of you to pray and ask the Lord to change your heart. Ask for help in becoming more like the Savior. and I promise you, from my own experience with this, that He will help you, and I promise you will feel God's Love. 
I love you all, thanks for being a part of my life. This work is true! There's no way I could deny the miracles that happen every day! 
-Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment