Monday, January 6, 2014

following promptings

Hello my friends and family!!!!
The weather here is getting RIDICULOUS. tomorrow's going to be a high of 0 degrees. Don't freak out at me, I know I know, I'll wear a jacket haha.
Wow, I wish I could give you my eyes just for 3 seconds so you could understand how powerful the spirit of the Lord has been this past week. Miracles have been happening, and you know what that means!! TRANSFERS.
Considering how good this week has been, I have a good feeling I'm most likely going to be transferred. We have a baptism scheduled in 2 weeks as well.. But oh well, I'm working hard and I know the work will be successful no matter where I am, or who I'm with.
Anyways, today I wanted to share an amazing experience I had. While walking around we bumped into this guy, we didn't pay much interest and continued walking. I felt the spirit prompt us to turn around. We did and started speaking with him once more. He was so prepared to recieve the Gospel. His heart was so ready to hear the wonderful message of the Restoration. He asked us to teach him, he said he wanted God to be happy with him, and he said he wanted to be happy like us. So he asked us if he could come to church, and also to bring his family with him. It was too good to be true. I could see his heart changing as the spirit began to testify that this is where he needed to be. After we left I felt prompted to get his phone number, but I was dumb and kept walking because I didn't want to bother him. I felt disappointment weigh my heart, knowing I disobeyed Heavenly Father's voice. I quickly repented and RAN back to his house to get his phone number, knowing that Heavenly Father rarely gives second chances in missionary work. He let us in, and we got his phone number. We met his wife and his 2 beautiful children. After we left I knew I had done what He wanted me to do. I have a testimony of following promptings. ALWAYS. Even if they are a little scary, following promptings will only bring us happiness and joy. Anyways, Thank you for being such a blessing in my life. Thank you for your love, support, and encouragement, it really does make all the difference. With love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment