Monday, October 20, 2014

What did you have to do in order to prepare to get patriarchal blessing?

Hello family and friends! 
This week sure was neat!
We found out a former investigator wants to be baptized in 2 weeks!!!! I hope everything works out so that can happen!!!!!! His name's JJ.
It'll be so neat!

This last week we had a really neat experience! We were out seeing a member named Sis Murphy, she's pretty great! But she has some health problems so she's in an electric wheelchair. Anywho! We were out seeing her, and another younger woman Alexis (who is a less active) often comes to take care of the house. To my knowledge I don't think she remembers very much about the Gospel at all, but it was neat that she was there too! 

For some reason we started talking about patriarchal blessings. I tried to involve Alexis as much as possible. As we were talking the Spirit filled the room. It was so powerful. I felt like I was going to explode! We were kind of indirectly teaching Alexis, while talking about the blessings. Sis Murphy asked me "What did you have to do in order to prepare to get one?"

My thoughts, Why yes I'd love to testify my guts out while another person who fell from our faith is here. So I did! I talked about my preparation to receive it. I explained that the Blessing is a map of your life, and can guide us to the happiness that God has prepared for us, both now, and in the eternities. I felt the Holy Ghost so strongly. There's no way Alexis didn't feel it. There was so much peace there. Elder Klima and I both knew that Heavenly Father was working on Alexis and trying to lead her back to the truth. 

Later we saw Sis Murphy again and told us about Alexis' reaction after we had left. Alexis started asking questions about how to get one. It was beautiful. 

I testify that God loves us, and is so happy and ready to answer all of our prayers and dreams. I know He Lives and loves us so much. I truly have felt so much love while serving the Lord. I have never felt closer to God. I testify Christ does live, and His Atonement is real too. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment