Monday, November 3, 2014

We all testified with boldness of the truthfulness of the church.

Hey Friends and Family!
So this week was CRAZY.
A few weeks ago we did some service for a member in the branch. We cleared out some trees and cut down some stuff. Little did we know there was poison ivy there too!!!
Yup! You guessed it! We've got poison ivy! My companion has it really bad and his arms look like boiling bubble gum! Just kidding. But it does look painful. Here's a picture! I wore a jacket when we did service so I'm pretty clean. Just a little bit on the inside of my elbows!

But anywho! OKAY STORY TIME!
SO we got a referral over the phone for a man named David. He requested a Book of Mormon. We drove over and his wife was there to greet us. She explained that her husband wasn't home but would be the following day. I was really excited, I thought we had found "The one".  I couldn't have been more wrong.

We went over the next day and brought Bro Punjack with us (the one with the injured foot) and was warmly welcomed. We went into the living room and the man stood at the doorway. I knew something wasn't right here. He said "Gentleman. I'm very pleased you've come here today and delivered your Book of Mormon, but I must be honest with you," He reached into his wallet and pulled out 3 business cards that said a church name and underneath was his.

He was a minister! And wanted us over to teach us about the true church of Christ! That's super backwards!!! And they still believe in the Book of Mormon too so it was so weird talking to him. We were bible bashing..but with the Book of Mormon. It was so intense. It was like trying to teach a scripture tank. 

But all in all, it actually was a really neat visit. We all were extremely edified. We all testified with boldness of the truthfulness of our church. There was great respect and love. The Spirit was very powerful as we spoke. I don't think he will join the church any time soon. But I do know that we completed what the Lord wanted us to do.

I love you all :) Thank you for your love and support. Thank you for your prayers. I've felt so much Heavenly help. Thank you. 

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment