Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sometimes we listen to satan's lie that the Gospel is hard to live. The Gospel is not hard to live! "LIFE is hard! .....NOT the Gospel!"

Hello my friends and family!!!
I just wanted to share something that I learned like,,,,10 minutes ago! haha.
Please excuse the terrible typing......I"m going fast because I have LOADS to share!!!
It's SUPSER long. but I promise you will not regret reading!!!

Soooo!!! This last week was GREAT. I got my new companion Elder Hinckley! From Syracuse Utah!
He is AWESOME. super obedient and very diligent!! And YES he's related to the Prophet!!!
Gordon B Hinckley is his...great great great grandpa's...brother's....grandson.....?
yup!!!! Totally companion's with a future General Authority! that's right. BE JEALOUS.
hahaha.anywho. The work has been picking up like CRAZYYYYY!!!!! we taught loads of lessons!! and even  picked up a new investigator named Kelleka~!!!! wow talk about PREPARRREDDDD!!!!

She investigated mannnny years ago and still kept in touch with the sisters that taught her. She is still friends with them too!!! Her children have some health problems. Her 8 month old twins were born prematurely hand are VERY receptive to getting sick! SO when they get sick she ends up in the hospital!  She went there a few weeks ago and met two missionaries! She caught them and said "I know who you are! I know about you're church! Please come and visit me!"
Her info was passed along and we got to see her last saturday!!!  wowowowowowww!!! as we taught her she said "I remember that!"almost a million times! wow. Goes to show the slightest little bit of truth from God can stay in your heart forever :))))  anywho!! yesterday was AAMMAMAMMAMAMAAAAZZZINGGGG1!!!

okay! So the Greensburg area had a baptism yesterday!!!!! and We got permission to go there and attend the baptism!!! it was so great! to make it even better! Elder Hinckley (comp) 's trainer Elder Hunsaker also got to go to! and lo and behold Elder Hunsaker's companion is ELDER BIRRELLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FIRST SONNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get this! so 8 MISSIONARIES all went to this baptism in Greensburg! Where Elder Gish was just transferred to!!!! I got to see both of my sons!!! (greenies) Talk about a happy dad! (trainer haha)
Sorry this email is exploding with too much happiness.

WHICH BRINGS ME TO MY NEXT POINT!!!!
The Gospel IS happiness!!! Weird right? wrong! The Gospel IS happiness. We are EXPONENTIALLY happier when we are immersed in the Gospel. With lives dedicated and consecrated to Christ. Sometimes we listen to satan's lie that the Gospel is hard to live. 
FALSE. The Gospel is not hard to live!   "LIFE is hard! .....NOT the Gospel!"

The Gospel ENHANCES life. It enriches blesses, inspires and motivates. With the knowledge of the Gospel comes a feeling and sense of deep abiding and spiritual BELONGING. With the Gospel comes PEACE. With the Gospel comes REVELATION one of my personal favorites!
With the Gospel comes more happiness than we can ever have ANYWHERE else!!!

As we devote ourselves EVEN more to following Christ. our burdens are made light! I've been studying the Book of Mormon every day, reading 8 pages daily. As I came across the chapters in Alma about war. one phrase or theme has stuck out every time. DELIVERANCE.
The World teaches us that in order to escape challenges and difficulty we should sin!
Is that backwards or what?!?!?!? That's like saying....."Why hello there mister, I'm sorry you're struggling right now, Why don't you drink this rat poison?"

With the Gospel! we understand that in oder to face life's challenges we must turn to our Almighty creator. Even our Loving Heavenly Father. I find it quite humbling and comforting, that out of ALLLL the terms and phrases of deity that God deserves, He as asked us. His most Beloved Creations, to refer to and address Him as FATHER.

I testify that the Gospel will get us out of any pickle we might be in! I testify that God does love us and hears EVERY word we pray. I testify He is SO aware and DEEPLY engaged in blessing our lives. I encourage all of you to try something that I have done which has DEEPLY enriched my relationship with My Father in Heaven.

In the Scriptures the phrase "pour out" is often used to describe prayer. Think of your emotional well being as a glass pitcher. Every time you feel emotion (stress, happiness, sadness, pain) a splash of water is thrown into your pitcher. As you live life it gets more full and occupies your pitcher. Sooner or later you get full!!! You're at the brim! You feel sick, overwhelmed! Nothing makes sense anymore! God tries to teach you more!but He can't! Because you're too full!

So?!??! the solution???? Pray to God, and POUR OUT!! just dump out your feelings to Heavenly Father. Everything!!!!! DUMP IT OOUTTTT. Pour out every drop until you can't think of anything more to say!!! Then when you're empty God can teach you more!  "Pour out, so God can Pour in!"

I know that doing so will bless you immensely. I have had SUCH great peace and joy by praying like that and I feel Like I'm really talking to a person that cares enough to listen even if I think He doesn't. He DOES. He DOES care. Anywho. I love you all. I hope this email has helped or blessed you in some way! But Most importantly I really hope you understand WHO YOU ARE AS SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF GOD.
I testify this work is true! and REAL!  I testify Christ does live, and will DELIVER us as we repent and put our trust in Him! In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

  Elder Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment