Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I told this couple that even when we don't feel like God is answering us, He does, but in His own timing and in His own way.

Hey there friends and family!!!!!!!!
Well! This week has been FILLED with miracles!



I sure love this ward! Everyone is SOOO nice and kind! They LOVE the missionaries.  I sure love it here! We finally got our old apt all cleaned up! It took SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much work! But my mom would be so proud!!!!! It's immaculate!
Wellll!!!!!   We almost died!
So we are all moved into our new apt. And the appliances and everything is new. We started preheating the oven, Elder Watkins and I started talking. I noticed a little switch on the top of the stove. And me being a curious boy tried flipping it to see what it did. It flipped on the light to the oven. Not to fantastic. But! when i looked inside I saw all the manuals and stuff for the oven inside! We could've dieddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO I got it out and everything was okay. But that was a close call!!! Just goes to show how the Lord can inspire our minds and keeps us safe!

Anywho. I had a wonderful experience that greatly lifted my spirits. The past few months of my mission have been the most difficult. It has pushed me to my limits. The other day we visited a couple who are members. The older man has Alzheimer's and they are really going through a hard time. As we met Elder Watkins threw me in the deep end and asked me to share a Spiritual thought. I thought of sharing my favorite scripture and the experience that made it my favorite. I talked about my trials, and how I felt the God had not answered me. I felt like God had abandoned me.I felt like He had left me and was not answering me.

 I told about the experience that I had in which He did indeed answer me. and He did so in a way that brought me the most joy and happiness. I told this couple that even when we don't feel like God is answering us, He does, but in His own timing and in His own way. I've learned that God does answer us, but He chooses the timing and way that brings us the most possible JOY. His way, and His time, is always geared to make us the happiest. He knows us better than we do. He knows what we need and what brings us the most joy!

The other day we were having a BAAAAD day. all of our appointments cancelled and we even got pulled over because Elder Watkins went through a stop sign (it's okay the cop was nice and let us go!) But that day  was AWFULL. We went to Wendy's to eat our sorrows away and I ordered 2 sandwiches and a frosty. Usually I allllllllways get fries! I think I love fries as much as the Gospel....hehe.   But this time I didn't! Anywho. We drove away and I looked in the bag. Inside were FRIESSSSSSSS. They messed up my order and gave me free fries. I just sat their gaping at the heavens thanking God for how much He loves me! 

Even though that story is about something as simple as french fries, it really showed how much God loves us. He knows us, He does. He knows that I love fries!  If He knows something as silly as french fries, Imagine how much compassion and Fatherly nurturing He offers when we are in our greatest despair!

I testify that God loves us, I testify and bear my personal witness of a LOVING God who is ever willing to pour out His blessings upon us. As a witness of the Atonement of Christ, having used it every day, I testify that Christ LIVES. He walks this earth, He governs and directs this Church. I testify that these things are true, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment