Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Now I was ready to meet the Lord! I locked myself in the bedroom and knelt. I prayed vocally and expressed my thoughts.

Hey there family and friends!
I've greatly loved serving here! But! I'm getting the boot! I find out where I go tomorrow!

I have really loved these 7 months here in McKeesport, I truly have. It has been a wonderful area, and I have learned TREASURES of great wisdom that are forever etched into my heart. 

I'm excited for a new adventure though! I'm  ready for something new! 

Prayer




I wanted to share with you and experience that greatly helped me improve my prayers. I learned a lot about prayer, and how to use it. It has greatly helped me and I encourage you to "experiment upon the word" and try it yourself :)

So, I felt very overwhelmed one day. I would text God a quick "help me help me, make me happy! thanks bye!"  and then go back to normal life. Truth is, Heavenly Father can't do very much with that. Only when we pray with a sincere and meaningful prayer, can we get a sincere and meaningful answer from our Heavenly Father.

I tried the following. I got out some scratch paper to scribble on and recorded my problems. Just writing as many as I could think of. Then I started a gratitude list and wrote down everything I'm grateful for. Then I thought to myself, "what would my Heavenly Father want me to say?" I immediately thought of His perfect son, Jesus Christ. Then I specifically wrote a long section for why I'm grateful for Christ. afterwards I picked up a Book of Mormon and read an entire chapter. Now I was ready to meet the Lord! I locked myself in the bedroom and knelt. I prayed vocally and expressed my thoughts. I felt soooo much better. I felt the Spirit. I felt like everything was okay. I felt that I was truly speaking with Heavenly Father. 

I encourage you to try it! and see what happens :)

I love you all. I testify from my heart.  That God Lives. He is alive, but more than that He is aware. He knows what is happening in our lives, and He is anxiously waiting to answer your pleas. He loves us. I testify from my heart, that Jesus Christ is indeed alive. He lives, and walks this earth. I know He is truly alive. His Atonement is real. I know that this Church and everything that pertains to it is true. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. :)

I love you all!!
Thanks for everything :)

Elder Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment