Monday, December 1, 2014

Yesterday he came to church & we were FREAKING OUT. The members immediately welcomed him!

Hello my friends and family!!!
Things are going SOOOOOOOO welll!!!!! Sheesh! where do I start?!

Alright! Well, we've got a new investigator named Darnell and WOW, I've never met anyone like him! He is so prepared for the Gospel he's basically already baptized! He has no word of wisdom issues, he hates alcohol, he has a CAR, and he loves learning about the Gospel. Best of all! He is a DO-er! He immediately applies anything he learns. He told me that he taught himself how to remodel his kitchen. He said "Why should I pay someone if I don't know if I can do it myself or not? I don't know if I can't, I might as well learn and try it out!" I told him to do the same thing with the Gospel! He is SO great. He does everything we tell him to. He even asks us for more scriptures to read! And it's so clear the spirit is teaching him.

He's SO great. The last time we saw him we read Mosiah 3, and the whole time he was asking tons and tons of questions! Then HEEEE would teach USSS about what he just learned! He is SO cool!

Yesterday he came to church and we were FREAKING OUT. The members immediately welcomed him in and he felt right at home! During Gospel Principles he asked great questions and totally understood what was going on. We talked about the Council in Heaven, and about our agency and how addictions take it away. He told me about his job as a psychologist. When someone is addicted to alcohol they not only lose their agency, they become chemically addicted and their genes are effected. When that person has children the gene for an easier addiction to alcohol is passed down. I'm not sure if that's true or not but it sounded good to me! Talk about SCARY! 

After church he told me how much he loved it. He said it's so great because he actually WANTS to be there. He said he got so much out of it because he enjoyed being there!
It's so amazingly clear that God is preparing His Children for the truth. Happy holidays everyone!
Keep the faith! Don't do drugs! Remember God loves you more than you can comprehend :)


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment