Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I love you all so stinkin much. Your prayers and support has carried me far into the field and is sustaining me each day.

Hello my friends and family!!!

There's a quote my dad sent me that says "Your mission is preparation, it is your school for eternity"

I have definitely learned that that quote is true.
And so instead of sharing the experiences I've had with others like usual, I want to share the experiences I've had, with the Lord...

These past few months have been very difficult. Very hard and harrowing even. I've felt great adversity and little hope. I feel as though it was the easiest time for me to call it quits. I can easily say that these past few months have been the most difficult of my life. I have felt a lot of adversity.

Through these challenges and experiences I've learned that the only one that keeps us from salvation is not others, is not the experiences or trials and situations we have...

It's ourselves.

I've learned that the principle of agency is used much more than we realize. Our progression to eternal life is one BIG sum of consistent uses of our agency. Our salvation and exaltation is determined by US. In a sense, WE determine what kingdom of Glory is received by how well we use our time in mortality. It's as simple as that.

I also wanted to share that my testimony of the Atonement has grown exponentially!! 
 I felt like I didn't really understand it very well, so Elder Gish and I both set goals to read the entire Book of Mormon within our 2 transfers together. AKA 3 months. I started studying the Book of Mormon really focusing in on scriptures that I've found related to the Atonement.

Here's what I learned.




It's real.




Use it.


It's as simple as that. :) I love you all so stinkin much. Your prayers and support has carried me far into the field and is sustaining me each day. Your love as been propelling me up and forever onward. Thank you so much for you kindness. It often brings tears to my eyes to read and hear how much you love me, and the Lord. And I cannot possibly repay you all for that. Truly your kindness has magnified my desire to serve. Thank you for "loving me" in my mission. It helps tremendously. I want to share the greatest gift I have with those here in PA.

They don't know, "they are kept from the Truth, only because they know not where to find it"
And I want them to have it! I love you all. I want to give myself to the Lord and do all that He has in store for us as His Children. I testify from my heart, as sincerely as I can, that God's love is real, and incomprehensibly close to us. I testify that Christ 's Atonement is real, and that He truly does Live and love us. I testify that the Book of Mormon is true. I testify this Church is Led by a Prophet of God and He knows the way. in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

With love,
Elder Johnson

Pics
my comp is awesomeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dinner with the Zebroski's again!

No comments:

Post a Comment